01202 022992
BH12 1PN, Poole, UK

Don’t miss out on the Marriage Allowance

your business, changing lives

Bride and Groom Feet Image

Marriage Allowance

Did you know that if you are married you can transfer £1,250 of your Personal Tax Allowance to your husband, wife or civil partner.

This is called the Marriage Allowance and would enable them to reduce their tax by up to £250 every tax year.

To benefit as a couple you need to earn less than your partner and have an income of £12,500 or less. Your partner’s income must be between £12,501 and £50,000.

But, this isn’t an allowance that you receive automatically and you have to apply for it. Better still though is that if you haven’t claimed yet and qualify as above you can backdate your claim.

So a nice little rebate might be on the cards.

To apply just just contact HMRC via this link: https://www.gov.uk/marriage-allowance